Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Grocery Shopping Dilemma


As I have just moved to dubai grocery shopping is one thing which I dread the most. Being a mother of three its quite a task to do grocery with two kids and a baby. As back home I never had to do these chores as living in a joint family everything seems to be done for you and if not then a lot of paid servants are available who can  get get things done,I guess enough of being a spoilt  daughter in law.
Well I am just getting into the mechanism of grocery shopping with a never ending list  which keeps on growing. .With lot of discounts and sales to choose from one still has this tiny bit of doubt whether I am getting the best discounts  available in town. Preferable time to go to a super market according to me is in the morning when most of the kids are in school and you just have to take the little one along .
Other advantage of going in the mornings is that you get everything fresh.(Fresh fruits and vegetables)and everything is so systematically lined up ,I just love the feeling of a clean and fresh supermarket with fresh aroma of vegetables and fruits filling the atmosphere, oh what a feeling….
Other thing that I have observed is if you make a list then its easier to shop and the best is you get organized and do not forget anything.
For Moms who have troublesome toddlers( the ones who run around the supermarket and cry out loud)  you can involve them in your shopping spree by sharing your grocery list and they get to pick the stuff which interest them .In this way they will get tired of shopping and after  a hectic shopping trip they can have a good night sleep.
You guys can also share your shopping dilemmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment